Tuesday, June 5, 2018

Hey--Someone in Mexico likes my script

As a screenwriter, you can pretty much wipe out all your bank accounts entering contests, but I learned of a free script contest at the Oaxaca FilmFest9--coming up in October.

For fun, I sent in my feature-length animated script PAW & ORDER.

Today I was informed that 5% of the thousands of scripts sent were officially selected to be involved
--and PAW was one.

The pitch:

It's New York, the future, animals are educated, have good jobs and are on equal footing with humans. In this comedic takeoff on the famous show,  Det Lupine (a wolf) and Sgt Buzzy (a honeybee) partner up to track down the killjoy who stole two human kids' TV satellite dish. They wisecrack with each other, grill suspects, and finally turn over the thief for a riotous trial. Full of puns, crazy jokes, and more fun than the law allows.

I probably cannot journey to Mexico with my stupid knees and ailments, but I am happy anyway...

You have to take the good with the bad, I always say.

Ole!

No comments:

Post a Comment